Hilda Baci is set to break the Guinness World Record for the longest cooking marathon within a time frame.
VOG has compiled a list of facts you need to know about the Hida Baci Guinness World Cooking Record as many Nigerians, Africans and other people across the world are stuck with their Televisions to witness a new dawn in the cooking world.
First off, Hilda Baci has just 5 minutes rest per hour [meaning for every 1 hour, she is entitled to just 5 minutes rest or break, that’s an hour break in every 12 hours].
She gets a 30-minute break every 6 hours, she spends the 30mins in a medical van which is just close by, within which she can nap, use the restroom, and also get a medical assessment or checkup by the medical team available on the spot.
Now, let’s proceed to know some facts and fun facts about the much-talk-about Nigerian Chef presently on the lips of many people around the world.
11 Things You Need To Know About Hilda Baci Guinness World Cooking Record
- Hilda Baci’s real name is Hilda Bassey Effiong.
- She has been a young Nigerian chef prior to this challenge of the Guinness World Cooking Record with the current holder.
- She is from Nsit Ubium LGA, Akwa Ibom State, Southern Nigeria (Nigeria by Nationality).
- Hilda Baci is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and owner of a food brand in Lagos, known as, “My Food by Hilda,” situated in Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria.
- She will be cooking for 4 days non-stop.
- Hilda Baci started the cooking on Thursday and is expected to complete the target time frame by Monday 15th May 2023 evening.
- The cooking is taking place at Amore Gardens, Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Whatever she cooks is shared with the people at the venue for FREE. She is not selling the food.
- Hilda Baci has cooked over 115 meals so far with almost 3,000 portions if not more by the time you are reading this.
- She cooks round the clock, no sleep (Morning, afternoon, evening, and night. So, for 4 nights, she won’t sleep).
- Hilda Baci has been supported by AXA Mansard Health for 1 year of a free health insurance scheme.
7 Things You Should Know About Guinness World Record Longest Cooking Marathon
- Contender for the record, Guinness World Cooking Record, must stand to cook and is not permitted to sit while cooking.
- The chef is not allowed to take coffee, stimulants, or any energy drink to artificially boost her energy and bodily strength while cooking.
- The Chef is also allowed to eat food, drink water or fruit juice, and take glucose.
- She cooks different meals simultaneously.
- She is at liberty to cook any meal she likes.
- There are no restrictions as to what she can cook or not cook. The World Record title is about cooking within a time frame, not about what is cooked. As long as she is cooking, she is on track.
- Every meal cooked and every plate served is recorded.
Notably, the current holder of the title, Guinness World Coking Record, Hilda seeks to break is an Indian Chef Lata Tandon, who set a Guinness World Record for cooking for 87 hours and 45 minutes non-stop in 2019.